[Asterisk-video] help for videocall

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Feb 22 12:10:10 CST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 09:40 +0100, barbara_b02 at libero.it wrote:
> Hi list,
> first of all: sorry for my bad english...
> I'm new to Asterisk world... I'm using Asterisk-1.4.13 on Debian distribution.
> I've tested with success loopback, mp4play, mp4save and IVR calling Asterisk with a 3G mobile phone.
> Now I'm trying a 3G<->sip videocall (using a NEC-phone and X-lite running on Windows) but I think I'm confused about how to do this... I've read the mailing list archive, the pages on VoIP-info and the instructions on Fontventa but I don't understand how to write my dialplan, especially the order of the following exten...
>
> - h324m_gw()
> - h324m_gw_answer()
> - h324m_call()
> - Dial()

h324m_gw is the function to receive incoming videocalls from the ISDN.
It creates a pseudo channel back into the dialplan with the extension
and context specified in the parameter.
This local channel has to be answered by h324m_gw_answer, which is just
like answer but signalling a VIDEOUPDATE to the h324_gw application so
no video is lost while setting the call. You can also use Dial instead
to call the SIP softphone.

h324m_call is for outgoing videocalls.

Best regards