[Asterisk-video] app_rtsp: asterisk hangup

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Tue Sep 11 09:53:10 CDT 2007

It could be possible to implement it, but you'll have to drop all the frames
until the next I frame. And if the bandwith is so high you'll end up droping
almost instantaneously the next frames. And even that way the I frame is going
to arrive late and not be synchronized with audio..

So if you want to offer any kind of quality service the only option is using
videos encoded at the best bitrate according it's use. You may even find that
you have to encode the same video at different bitrates for different kind of
access.

BR