[Asterisk-video] [Fwd: AST_FRAME_DIGITAL]

Fri Sep 7 06:15:11 CDT 2007

Hi! I resent this to asterisk-video as for some strange reason I can not
post to asterisk-dev.

What you you think about adding a special frame type for digital calls?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: AST_FRAME_DIGITAL
Datum: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:50:37 +0200
Von: Klaus Darilion <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at>
Referenzen: <46E0295E.5050200 at pernau.at>

Hi!

I have some problems with digital zap calls (unrestricted digital data)
which gets transcoded by Asterisk. I think the most elegant fix would be
to add a new frame type AST_FRAME_DIGITAL which means that the data is
any digital data and Asterisk MUST NOT touch this data in any kind.

What do you think about adding this to Asterisk and extend chan_zap to
use AST_FRAME_DIGITAL instead of AST_FRAME_VOICE for digital calls?

regards
Klaus