[Asterisk-video] h324m sony ericsson and h324m_call logfiles

Fri Sep 7 03:25:45 CDT 2007

Sergio Garcia schrieb:
> Date:  Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:32:28 +0200
>

>> Sergio Garcia Murillo schrieb:
>>> The idea is callin with one of those phones to asterisk, and instead of
>>> answer it
>>> just make an outgoing call to another 3g phone. So the negotiation is
>>> between
>>> both phones and the data is going throught asterisk, then just use the
>>> monitor option
>>> to dump the call to a file. I have a test utility in the libh324/src/test
>>> that would decode
>>> and dump the negotiation as in h234_out, so we can compare.
>>
>> Hi Sergio!
>>
>> When dialing out immediately the H324 handshake works. But when doing
>> Monitor() before Dial() the handshake between the 2 phone fails. Thuse I
>> guess Asterisk is doing something bad to the frames.
>
> It seems so.. have you enable all the debug and verbose traces to see what could
> be happening? And only happens with those two phones??

Hi Sergio!

I found out the problem is related to transcoding in zaptel or Asterisk
core.

chan_zap uses ULAW on incoming digital calls, und when making a new call
(at least in my case) the channel defaults to ALAW. This will prevent
bridging and breaks also h324m_call() calls.

I tried hardcoding ULAW in chan_zap and suddenly h324m_call works too.
(I had no audio and only one way video but at least this shows that
h223+h245 works).

regards
klaus