[Asterisk-video] app_h324m.so: undefined symbol: H324MSessionCreate

Marcel Manz marcel.manz at simmcomm.ch
Mon May 7 02:03:09 MST 2007

Hi Sergio

I was experimenting a bit over the weekend with your library and
application (I used your latest SVN source and applied the patch in order
to make it compile with Asterisk 1.4.2).

So far so good. The shell 'test' application is running well, but when I
try to call in and record a video I get the following error crashing
Asterisk:

>     -- Executing [96 at incoming:1] h324m_gw("Zap/19-1", "record at video")
> in new stack
> [May  7 09:18:33] WARNING[28584]: channel.c:704 ast_best_codec: Don't
> know any of 0x2000 formats
>
>     -- Executing [record at video:1] Answer("Local/record at video-a4ec,2",
> "") in new stack
>
> asterisk: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_h324m.so:
> *undefined symbol: H324MSessionCreate*
My extensions.conf looks like:

> ;// 3g demo
> exten => 96,1,h324m_gw(record at video)
>
> ;// 3g demo
> exten => 97,1,h324m_gw(play at video)
>
> [video]
>
> exten => record,1,Answer
> exten => record,n,mp4save(/tmp/video.mp4)
>
> exten => play,1,Answer
> exten => play,n,mp4play(tmp/video.mp4)

Whe I do a strings on the  /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_h324m.so I get
the following output (H324MSessionCreate seems to be there, but Asterisk
says
it's undefined):
> [...]
> __ast_module_user_remove
> *H324MSessionCreate*
> H324MSessionInit
> H324MSessionRead
> FrameDestroy
> H324MSessionGetFrame
> FrameGetType
> H324MSessionSendFrame
> H324MSessionWrite
> H324MSessionEnd
> H324MSessionDestroy
> FrameGetData
> FrameGetLength
> FrameGetCodec
> malloc
> memcpy
> FrameCreate
> TIFFReverseBits
> ast_module_register
> ast_request
> ast_set_callerid
> ast_call
> ast_frame_free
> ast_softhangup
> ast_hangup
> ast_answer
> ast_waitfor_n
> H324MSessionSendUserInput
> ast_senddigit_begin
> ast_senddigit_end
> H324MSessionGetUserInput
> libpthread.so.0
> libc.so.6
> _edata
> __bss_start
> GLIBC_2.1.3
> GLIBC_2.0
> [^_]
> [^_]
> [^_]
> [^_]
> to9u
> tzHt:
> video_loopback
> app_h324m.c
> exit
> h324m_loopback
> h324m_call
> Local
> app_h324m
> H324M stack
> h324m_loopback
> h324m_gw
> h324m_call
> video_loopback
> H324m loopback mode
> H324m gateway
> H324m call
> This paragraph is copyright (c) 2006 by Digium, Inc. In order for your
> module to load, it must return this key via a function called "key".
> Any code which includes this paragraph must be licensed under the GNU
> General Public License version 2 or later (at your option).  In
> addition to Digium's general reservations of rights, Digium expressly
> reserves the right to allow other parties to license this paragraph
> under different terms. Any use of Digium, Inc. trademarks or logos
> (including "Asterisk" or "Digium") without express written permission
> of Digium, Inc. is prohibited.
>   h324m_loopback():  Estabish connection and loopback media.
>   h324m_gw():  Creates a pseudo channel for an incoming h324m call.
>   h324m_call():  Creates a pseudo channel for an outgoing h324m call.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Btw: I was testing with a SE P990 and Digium TE120P.

Regards,
Marcel