[Asterisk-video] app_rtsp

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Mar 9 04:44:06 MST 2007

From: "Olle E Johansson" <oej at edvina.net>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 11:51 AM

> > [..]
> Start with going to bugs.digium.com and read the guidelines for
> contributing.
> Specifically, we need a disclaimer.

Ok, I'll take a look

> >> Are there licensing issues?
> > I don't think so, but I'm not a lawyer. I don't know if you need any
> > disclaimer
> > or any special license but I'm willing to solve any problem that
> > could come
> > up.
> Open issue reports for the modules you want to contribute and we'll
> discuss
> it in the bug tracker. As soon as you have opened issue reports, send
> a mail
> to this mailing list so everyone here is aware of it and can join in
> with test reports,
> comments and suggestions.
>
> There are libraries we can't use in the standard distribution, mainly
> libraries
> with GPL licenses or licenses that conflict with Asterisk licensing.
> Let's figure
> that out as we move along.

It's a pitty then because the only application i can contribute then is the
app_rtsp.
The h324m library uses pwlib for asn1, the app:mp4 the mpeg4ip library and
the transcoder the libavocdec from ffmeg.

> For the app_rtsp - have you looked into using our rtp stack? It would
> give you much more, like rtcp.

The rtp code is just 60 lines long (with comentaries) so i don't think it's
worthy.
Appart of that in the http tunnel model the rtp streams come in the same
tcp socket as the previous rtsp responses, so i think i would also have to
implement it on my own.

> Also, be prepared for other developers to discuss with you, sometimes
> with
> short messages that can seem unfriendly. They're not, but they're often
> to the point and very short. Everyone is trying to help in their own
> way and
> manner, and we're an international community. Forgive before you get
> upset is the general rule.
>
> Welcome to contribute!

Thanxs and I'll do my best

Greetings