[Asterisk-video] Updated Confiance VideoMixer

Lorenzo Miniero lorenzo.miniero at unina.it
Mon Jun 25 08:39:47 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I just prepared a new version of the videomixer with a lot of changes,
which include many of the suggestions Klaus gave me in his precious
feedback.

Specifically:

	* now each user has both an encoding and a decoding context; besides,
each one has a customizable layout (even if at the moment all just
include the active users);

	* each user has a priority value, where users with higher priority (0
is the highest value) get wider areas in the mix; the idea is to
associate such value to roles in a conference (e.g. the lecturer should
have highest priority, people making questions lower and so on), and to
have it dynamically change in time (e.g. your priority increases when
you make questions and decreases otherwise, etc.);

	* to enable/disable each video source, I've added a basic DTMF-based
command: *28, * for the menu, 2 for the enable/disable trigger, 8 to
quit the menu (of course the 's' flag must be passed to MeetMe in order
to DTMFR menus to work); exactly how the Mute/UnMute (*18) already
works; it only works for normal users, since for Admins that trigger is
used to lock conferences;

	* since each user has a custom layout, each user can choose if he wants
to appear in the mix he receives or not; this option too can be
triggered via DTMF (*38), and as before only for normal users (for
Admins it is used to eject users);

	* as Klaus asked, I've added some info related to video in 'meetme
list', specifically the negotiated codec and if the user is an active
video source or not;

	* the 'videoswitch' command has disappeared; now there's a 'videomixer'
command, which works this way:

	where command can be:

		- enable/disable (to enable or disable video source)
		- mirror (needs value 0/1, where 1 means the user wants to see himself
in the mix, default is 0);
		- priority (needs priority value, 0=highest, 8=lowest, default is 2).

	* to conclude, I've made some bugfixes, introduced some cleaning when
closing the videomixer, and added a minimum reliability to Asterisk (if
the mixer shutdowns to restart, Asterisk tries to reconnect 10 times
before giving up); however, all this probably needs some more work, so
in case you encounter strange behaviours don't hesitate to report it to me.

If you're interested in trying it, you can get it here:

	http://confiance.sourceforge.net/confiance_videomixer-0.2-beta.tar.gz

In this package you'll find the updated version of the mixer, and the
modified Asterisk files. So, assuming you already installed the previous
patched version of Asterisk, just substitute the old files with the one
attached in the package (from the asterisk-canges folder), and
recompile/reinstall.

Any kind of feedback will be more than appreciated.

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Email: lorenzo.miniero at unina.it