[Asterisk-video] Media mixer and app_mixer

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Sun Jun 24 15:12:23 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I've done a bit more work on the media mixer and implemented a new application (app_mixer).
This is a test application which main pourppose is to demostrate the functionalities of the media mixer.
It's not intended to be a replacement of app_conference or the confiance works.

The application connects on startup with the media server and creates a default conference room in
which all the participants are joined.
During a call a participant can change the mosaic composition type pressing the "#" key.

You can get more info here:
http://sip.fontventa.com/content/view/35/67/

On the media mixer I've been implemented the mosaics ideas I talked about last week.
I have implemented also the resizing of incoming frames so I can use whatever size i want on the mosaic.
I've also implemented a new xml rpc call so the composition type can be changed on the fly from the
 control unit (app_mixer in this case).

Also done some fixing on removing participants from conferences (now work correctly) and modified a bit
the makefile to include an "install" option to the directory specified in config.mk

Please, if any one is interested and try it, the feedback will be very usefull.
Greetings