[Asterisk-video] asterisk-video Digest, Vol 14, Issue 27

Lorenzo Miniero lorenzo.miniero at unina.it
Tue Jun 19 10:39:57 CDT 2007

Hi Faisal,

all the packages are available on http://confiance.sourceforge.net/,
specifically:

	*
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/confiance/confiance_wip_server-0.7.tar.gz?download
(the patch to apply to Asterisk, follow the indications in the attached
INSTALL and README documents);
	*
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/confiance/confiance_videomixer-0.1.tar.gz?download
(Confiance VideoMixer)
	* svn co http://sip.fontventa.com/svn/mcu (Sergio Garcia Murillo's
VideoMixer)

You can choose which VideoMixer to compile and/or use. Remember to
properly configure the VideoMixer you choose, as specified in the README.

All this is enough to test the videomixing functionality in basic MeetMe
conference rooms. About the steps to have it running, I'll copy you the
mail I sent to Klaus and to the mailing list.

Here's all the required steps to test (hopefully with success) the
videomixer:

     1) launch the videomixer;

     2) launch Asterisk (at this point both should report the connection);

     3) have a client call the number associated to a MeetMe conference
(I'll assume that the number 8600 is associated to the conference 1234);

     4) when the client calls, many notifications appear in Asterisk, as:
         * the messages exchanged with the videomixer (in green), where
you can see if the session has been established, and the peer created
successfully;
         * the video codec negotiated by the client;
         * the notifications regarding the created RTP channels to
bridge the video;

     5) notifications appear in the mixer too, and you can get info on
the sessions by typing 'show sessions' (you'll probably have to look for
the output, since ffmpeg "steals" the console with its debug output);

     6) even with no source active yet, the client should already see
some video, in this case a static logo image;

     7) to enable a source, you use the videoswitch command; so,
assuming Eyebeam is user 2 in the conference (you can get the list of
users by typing 'meetme list 1234'), type:

         videoswitch 1234 2

     if the source has been successfully enabled, you'll see a "Peer X
enabled in session Y", where X and Y are the related videomixer
identifiers; the source should then be included in the mix, and the
layout updated;

     8) you can repeat the step 7 for each source you want to enable; to
disable a source, use the same command, since the videoswitch command is
an on/off trigger.

With these steps all should work, assuming the codecs are supported, and
QCIF resolutions are exploited (CIF and others are not supported yet).

If you're also interested in the enhanced conferencing protocols, you
can download our client side as well:

	*
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/confiance/confiance_wip_client-0.7.tar.gz?download

However, you won't need it to test the videomixing, since it's available
for basic MeetMe conferences too.

Let me know if you have problems with it, cheers,
Lorenzo