[Asterisk-video] Ojo

Daryl Crouse daryl at darylcrouse.com
Fri Jun 8 06:28:42 MST 2007

Unfortunately you can't.  It's a complete walled garden and they intend to do everything they can to keep it that way.  I worked with them over two years to implement interoperability to allow a Deaf person to use other video phones and connect to the Ojo.  Only after the FCC mandated interoperability were they willing to do anything about it.  In the end, I got screwed out of my company by a board member who also was on their board.

The Ojo is a great device with a lot of promise.  Till they realize that open standards aren't enough, that open networks are also a reality of today's world that's all it will be is a great device.