Re: [Asterisk-video] Simple vidéo conference

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Jun 7 13:52:20 MST 2007

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a video mixer latelly, with the help of Lorenzo Miniero we've been able ablo to integrate it with app_conference (althougth I still don't have the details).

The idea of this video mixer is having an external server which just deal with rtp traffic do the decoding, video mixing, encoding and sending of the return audio/video. I've also implemented the client library to control the conference creationg and participant control (adding to conference, setting incoming and outgoing ports) which is what lorenzo has integrated into asterisk.

About the mixing capabilites. Rigth now I've got working h263, h263-1998 and mpeg4 decoding, h263-1998 and mpeg4 encoding, audio mixing, video mixing with continious presence (but with fixed participant position, i.e, the screen split on 4 and each participant in a specifyc quarter). Each participant has it's own encoder and mixing resource, so each one can be sending and receiving at different codec/bandwith/size/fps/etc.

The idea is to implement the conference control protocols lorenzo is working on (floor control and things like that), and integrate it with my video mixer and asterisk.

To continue the development it would be great to define the posible use cases so we can specify an API to handle it and implement it..

Issues that need to be defined on the video mixing side are:

-Specify layout for each participant
-Audio/Video Mutes
-Position change in screen based on vad
-Fixing position for a participant (been able to specify a fixed position for the speaker and the rest based on vad).
-Watching only participant
-RTSP streaming
-etc,etc..

If you're serious about the bounty (and not like the h324m guy jeje) specify all the uses cases and I will go for it (with the help of Lorenzo I hope, and if he
is interested).

Greetings
Sergio

P.S. The original reply extended the allowed size and I've got a "moderator approval need" mail, so excuse me if you get this mail twice.