[Asterisk-video] App_videoswitch

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Mon Jun 4 07:29:23 MST 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 4:10 AM, Charles Williams wrote:

> well. actually there won't be much need for negotiation or
> transcoding as the codec will be 1 codec that we decide (h.264) all
> asterisk will have to do is relay the stream. do you know if that
> would be a problem?
We have a similar approach in our systems, where we only use one
video codec (Theora) with no transcoding.  You will probably not be
able to successfully negotiate a video codec over IAX, but my guess
is if you push video frames over an already established audio
connection, things might just work.  app_conference does not do any
video codec check or negotiation - any video frame is passed along to
the eligible conference members regardless of what's inside.

Mihai