[Asterisk-video] App_videoswitch

Charles Williams slydder at web.de
Mon Jun 4 01:15:54 MST 2007

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Development discussion of video media support in Asterisk <asterisk-video at lists.digium.com>
> Gesendet: 01.06.07 00:37:01
> An: Development discussion of video media support in Asterisk <asterisk-video at lists.digium.com>
> Betreff: Re: [Asterisk-video] App_videoswitch

actually yes it is. especially with the calling card functionality that asterisk supports. that means billing/access control is built in instead of having to code a control system seperatly for some other streamer. added to that the IAX2 protocol wich would ensure that the control connection and data connection doesn't get split (freeloaders that drop the sip control connection to stop having to pay) so we have complete control of what happens on the connection.

yeah. it will cost a bit more on the bandwidth side. but once we get enough going we will just buy a flat rate connection and good is.

and to be totally honest I'm not even sure if this will even work. the girls just asked if it were possible because they want to get away from the agency where they now are. so I am looking into it. I'm thinking that it is possible and that I can get it going. worth a try.

chuck