No subject

Thu Jul 12 09:23:04 CDT 2007

Who needs to obtain a license to AMR narrowband patents?
Manufacturers or developers of complete (or virtually complete) encoder, decoder or encoder/decoder non-wireless products for end-users and for which the use of AMR without a license would necessarily and unavoidably infringe the licensed patents require an AMR narrowband license.

So at my understanding we can play with the encoded stream at will as long as we not decode it. So there should be no license problems doing if2->rtp packetization or rtp->if or recording it an playing it later.

>> I would like a patch for AMR pass through and accepting old GSM
>> as an AMR subtype.
>
>What is the benefit of having GSM as subtype of AMR? I think it is
>easier to have them separate - at least for pass through.

I'm with you, I don't see why they should be treated the same way.

BR