[Asterisk-video] best software versions fro video projects?

Koen Van Impe koenvi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:58:52 CDT 2007

Klaus,

I don't use a SIP phone.
I'm working with a Dilithium 3G gateway and some other system that provides
video content (and speaks amr).
AMR supporting SIP phones are indeed hard to find, especially in OSS,
because of licensing restrictions.

For the record, I know there's a licensing issue with amr that needs to be
handled.
It's also the main reason why this codec is not in the asterisk package
(yet).
But in my opinion, since VoiceAge provides an amr implementation for free to
be used in research and development (http://www.voiceage.com/freecodecs.php),
we could at least try to make it work in asterisk.

For those who are wondering, here are the licensing terms for amr-nb:
http://www.voiceage.com/amr_licterms.php
I guess the biggest problem is the initial fee of $6.500. Or am I missing
something else?

Have to go ... we'll get on with this later

Ciao,

Koen