[Asterisk-video] app_mp4 for sip

Thu Jul 19 17:53:55 CDT 2007

Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
>> Hi Sergio!
>>
>> up to now I've only used mp4play to feed h324m_gw. Today I have also
>> tried but I do not have much luck:
>>
>> 1. mp4save(). The video is saved, but no audio
>
> UUmm.. could you send me the file?
> Also, you could try to extract the audio track, rename to amr, and try to
> play it with a audio player (qt or nokia could work).
> Also try to compare it with the media files on the tmp directory.

I meant that mp4save writes an mp4 file, but the mp4info only shows a
video track and the hint track for the video - no audio at all.

I read that .mp4 does not support all audio files. Thus - what
video/audio format does app_mp4 support? What happens if the SIP client
uses a non supported codec - will asterisk's transcoding features be used?

>> 2. mp4play(). Playing back the previously recorded .mp4 file works.
>>
>> But I can not generate an mp4 file which is accepted by mp4play.
>>
>> Then I removed the hint track from the mp4save() video and added a new
>> hint track with mp4creator. Then, this video also does not work anymore.
>
> Could you send me also this video?
>
>> Thus, I suspsect that there is something wrong with the hint track. How
>> can I create an mp4 file suitable for mp4play?
>
> Also, could you try to play it with app_rtsp and a Darwin Streamins Server?

Once I get DSS to run ...

regards
klaus