[Asterisk-video] AMR in H324M<->SIP

Koen Van Impe koenvi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:15:41 CDT 2007

HI all,

I'm having the same problem here. Need to interconnect simple SIP phones
(soft or hard) with H324M calls.
So I either need a SIP phone that speaks AMR, or asterisk needs to
transcode.
Have tried to implement the amr codec as described by Paul (
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-March/026446.html)
All compiles well, but I don't get any audio throughput.

Has anybody had more luck with this?

For the record, I know there's a licensing issue with AMR.
But since VoiceAge is giving away free amr codec samples (
http://www.voiceage.com/freecodecs.php) for development purpose,
I guess we can try develop it into Asterisk...

Koen