[Asterisk-video] Which Softphone to use with app mp4?

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon Jul 16 16:30:56 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <info at marikar.com>
To: <asterisk-video at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:12 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-video] Which Softphone to use with app mp4?

> Hello,
> I have a questions about app_mp4. Currently I am using linphone. Playing
> videos
> works fine, but with recordings I have some problems. If mp4save is not
> the first
> application after answering the call, the video is broken (maybe a
> reinvite would
> help).

The problem is that the video is not saved from the begging you won't start
with
an intra frame so the video would be mangled for a while till ther is
another intra frame.
A videofastpicture update should work, but don't know it linphone supports
it.

>To send the recorded video back to the phone doesn't work,
> because it is
> recorded as h263-1998 instead of h263-2000.

A H263-1998 video is also a h263-2000 one. Could you elaborate a bit more on
how it doesn't work?

> I haven't found any 100% working phone for app_mp4 yet (I tried Ekiga,
> wengophone,
> xlite ...). Is there any good phone for video? Thanks for your help.

Xlite has a very poor video support (mainly video capture/display, the
encoding/decoding is
good), the best i've tried is linphone.

Best regards.