[Asterisk-video] recording video

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Aug 30 02:12:40 CDT 2007

>>From: Olle E Johansson <oej at edvina.net>
>>Date:  Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:53:57 +0200
>
>30 aug 2007 kl. 08.50 skrev Klaus Darilion:
>

>> Kévin Bouchard schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> Is it possible to record video stream during a video call in
>>> Asterisk? I
>>> mean, is there an utility like MixMonitor that exists but for video?
>>
>> Record() should record audio and video
>Yes, give the audio format as argument to record and the video will
>be recorded too.
>
>> (using Asterisk proprietary h263
>> file format)
>...or h264 format...
>
>We need proper format drivers for video.

Hi Olle,

A generic container for storing audio, video and rtp tracks should be very usefull..
Lef mt think.. mp4 files??? jejeje just joking ;)
I know you are not prone to that solution because the license of the mpeg4ip code,
but technically is the perfect solution.
Perhaps looking at some other free containers (like ogg) should be a good idea, althougth
the number of tools available shouldn't be so wide..

BR