[Asterisk-video] Re: Re: [Iaxclient-devel] Video codec negotiation in IAX

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Wed Oct 25 07:44:53 MST 2006

The main reason for this is that RTP packets carry media type
information in the header.
In IAX, we'll probably have to use a full frame for this (mini frames
have only minimal information in their 4-byte headers).
It would be doable, but it will probably require some changes in the
way codecs are negotiated.
Something to think about....

Mihai