[Asterisk-video] app_mp4

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed May 24 10:07:53 MST 2006

24 maj 2006 kl. 18.29 skrev Ramtin Amin:

> Wouldn't it be possible to use VLC for transcoding the video ?
> Everything is already done actually, we could in the vlm just tell
> vlc to listen on a specific RTP port from where the h.263/h.264
> stream comes, transcode it into whatever, and resend it.
>
> Is there any probleme using this method ?
Amin,
That's an idea I've also been discussing. If you have some time,
please dive into this and
find out if it's possible, what the licensing is and what kind of API
we could use for it.

If we could have VLC on a separate machine doing transcoding, that
would propably
be a solution.

Maybe a generic way to signal that we need RTP with transcoding
support to an
external device would be a way forward? We still need to be in the
audio path for
DTMF - so how would we handle RTCP synching in such a scenario?

/O