[Asterisk-video] RE: AVTF - What's going on?

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Tue May 16 19:45:39 MST 2006

Hi,

John Martin wrote:
[skipped]

> App_echo:
> - simply added a ast_indicate at the front of the app so that if you do
> a playback or IVR before hitting app_echo then you don't get any
> breakthrough on some endpoints.

That should be fixed at channel/core level just because app_echo is simplest application so you could have problems with
other applications too.

[skipped]

> Channel.c/h
> - We've come up with a struct to store all the new video caps in. It
> looks like this but I'm sure there'll be lots of views on the way it
> should be done and propagated around Asterisk (the codecnegociation
> branch would maybe be a good start)

Is it better to have fmtp passing as strings between channels? At least it would guarantee a compatibility for other
non-standard/etc. implementations. Conversions of text representations into H.323 binary data could be done at chan_h323
level locally or at core level.

WBR,
Paul.