[Asterisk-video] vdo conf

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 05:07:30 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

See inline...

> By the way, I wonder now!
> If people are videoconferancing, is it better to have
> 1- a softphone capable of showing everybody, which means one window for each
> one that is talking. (what would happen with current hardphone that have
> only one screen)

Old and even new softphones dont have multiple screens, so, i guess
your second option looks attractive.

> 2- a softphone that has a single window but the pbx that sends a gride with
> the video of everybody in it ? (Since the video resolution is not that
> great, is it really worth it or after 4 people it would just look like 1
> pixel for each head we see)

This one is a really nice idea :). I like it very much! However,
pixel-head syndrome is a problem. Maybe it's possible to assign keys
to 2 or 4 vdo streams, so, when you press #1 (or smth like that), the
vdo of the first 2-4 participants is shown, if there are more people
in the conference, then #2 would switch to the next 2-4 participants,
and etc.

> 3- everybody see the one that talks. So if you want people to see you, you
> have to be louder that the otherone!

I dont know about others, but to me it sounds a little messy. :)

> 4- any other idea ?

What about something like push-to-talk? A person that wishes to speak,
has to press some button and then his/her vdo will be automatically
selected...

  Bests,

    Andrey.