[Asterisk-video] pipes of peace?

Ramtin Amin keytwho at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 25 03:21:52 MST 2006

Hi roy
yes, it could be done with libavcodec or ffmpeg the same way we use lame for playing MP3. However, it's not that easy because decoding and reencoding a video takes a lot of cpu load. and for the music on hold, the same MP3 is played once for everybody on hold. So pretending that asterisk could videotranscode using FFMPEG is true, but on the same machine, how many people could have a transcoded video simultaneously ?Your idea could be kept for a VideoOnHold for example, where ffmpeg would play the same video (advertisement) for all the people on hold.

--
Amin Ramtin