[asterisk-users] Local calls not possible when Internet connection down

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Nov 7 09:28:19 CST 2023

On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 11:20 AM Marek Greško <marek.gresko at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> well I do not ask those who only guess, but those who know what is
> asterisk expected to do when internet connectivity goes down. I did not had
> a chance to make internet not to work yet, since it is needed. But
> inspecting dns logs I found out that there started to be resolving for
> _sip._tcp and _sip._udp records for the provider's server. So apparently
> making hosts record make asterisk happy when everything works, but when
> there is a communication problem then it falls back to searching for srv
> records. At least it seems to be so for now. Moreover I found out this old
> thread:

The expectation is that Asterisk continues to work. That being said there
is one case (specifically using realtime with an identify section that
references a hostname) that can cause this specific behavior where PJSIP
will block.

Are you in that scenario? If so you CAN disable SRV records on the identify
by setting "srv_lookups" to "no".

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead