[asterisk-users] Local calls not possible when Internet connection down

Marek Greško marek.gresko at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:13:29 CST 2023

Hello,

you are probably right. It should somehow be related to DNS. I just found out this in the storm of previous messages:

WARNING[13945] taskprocessor.c: The 'dns_system_resolver_tp' task processor queue reached 500 scheduled tasks.

But I am not sure why this is happening. I have sip providers hostname in /etc/hosts file to prevent such situations. Should I reconfigure it not to use hosts file but rather some RPZ on DNS server? Does asterisk ignore hosts file? Or does it try to do some srv lookups? But in either case, why does this influence local calls? Local domain should really be resolvable.

Thanks

Marek