[asterisk-users] FW: Ready to throw up my hands in defeat

TTT lists at telium.io
Mon May 22 11:50:49 CDT 2023

You don't say what happens when you start Asterisk, but I'll assume your registration with your provider is failing.  If you turn on SIP debug from CLI you can watch your registration attempts, and see the exact reason for failure.  (eg: unreachable vs credentials).  Post that output into the list email if you aren’t sure what to make of it.

The numerous similar stanzas have to do with pjsip.  Many of the older examples/guides reference a simpler (deprecated) SIP stack, with slightly different syntax.  If you google PJSIP + Asterisk config you'll send the purpose of all of those stanza's.  PJSIP adds a lot of complexity for the outlier use cases (99% of people don't need all of PJSIP's capabilities) - but you have to fill it all in.  There are some nice diagrams here (https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/PJSIP+Configuration+Sections+and+Relationships) which explains it fairly well.

Please reply to the list only (so anyone can jump in and benefit from the discussion too)