[asterisk-users] Adding Voicemail to My System

Mark Murawski markm-lists at intellasoft.net
Tue Jun 6 17:12:57 CDT 2023

Hi Steve,

You must be using a prebuilt system, maybe a prebuilt Asterisk-based
distribution?   Asterisk does not send email by default... Almost
nothing is done by default.  Things like sending email have to be
specifically configured to do so in voicemail.conf.  If you don't want
to send email, remove the email addresses.

For custom greeting, best bet is Playback() that greeting and then call
VoiceMail() with the 's' option for silent which means no greeting.  Or
you can do the 'welcome' process for setting up a new email box and set
the busy/unavailable greetings inside the mailbox itself.  There's an
option in the docs to force new-user-setup if the pin number matches the
extension.

Asterisk Console: core show application Voicemail