[asterisk-users] Adding Voicemail to My System

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Tue Jun 6 16:21:04 CDT 2023

I'm setting up voicemail on my answering-machine project.

Since the directory for voicemail messages for an extension doesn't
exist until there's a message to be saved therein, how can I create a
custom greeting since it goes in that directory? That's what it sounds
like the book is telling me anyway.

Also, how do I tell the Voicemail() application to play a custom
greeting? I don't mean one I can create with VoicemailMain; I mean to
play a prepared file, or possibly have no greeting at all, with the
greeting message actually being contained in the message played in the
Play() application. It doesn't matter which way I do it, I'm just trying
to figure out how to do one or the other, whichever is the right way.

And one more, if I don't want voicemail messages to be sent out by
email, how do I suppress this? It seems that the default is to send the
email, but there's no option I could found that lets me say no, don't send.