[asterisk-users] problem getting dahdi-linux to work with kernel 6.1.0-10

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Thu Jul 6 18:24:43 CDT 2023

On 7/6/2023 7:08 PM, John Covici wrote:
> Hi.  I have run into a problem compiling dahdi-linux in kernel
> 6.1.0-10.  Apparently there was a change, so I found a patch to fix
> stdbool.h but now I have an implicit declaration of
> pci_alloc_consistent in drivers/dahdi/wct4xxp/base.c I don't see any
> other references to that name anywhere.  I am using version  from git
> 5c840cf43838e0690873e73409491c392333b3b8 .
>
> So, the question, how to fix, so I can get the tompile to work?
The problem here is that Sangoma has not been keeping DAHDI Linux in the
mainline tree up to date with Linux kernel changes. It's a couple years
behind at this point. There are plans to get this fixed soon, hopefully
(by soon, within a couple months, optimistically), but in the meantime
you shouldn't expect the official Sangoma tarballs to compile
successfully at all, at least on their own.

There is an umerged PR[1] up on the repo that should address this
particular issue. A number of DAHDI developers have also been
maintaining DAHDI out of tree so that it can compile. You can check out
PhreakScript[2] which will install DAHDI for you with all the necessary
patches to fix a large number of compilation issues.

[1] https://github.com/asterisk/dahdi-linux/pull/17
[2] https://github.com/InterLinked1/phreakscript