[asterisk-users] Setting codec on originating (calling) channel with chan_pjsip (SIP_CODEC_INBOUND equivalent)

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Wed Jul 5 13:59:35 CDT 2023

Hello Michael,

you are referring to the following behavior - did I get it correctly?:

outbound broken: asterisk offers g722 / g711 to provider (callee),
callee answers g711. Asterisk now transcodes between caller and callee
(g722 <-> g711).

inbound works: call from provider: g711 -> asterisk drops g722 and
passes g711 to internal callee -> no transcoding.

As far as I know, there is no working solution as of now. I discussed
this problem years ago already here but unfortunately nothing usable
happened so far (which I would know off). The priority is not high
enough. I need a solution, too. I understand that this behavior is a
nogo if you have a lot of calls because transcoding is expensive.

Thanks
Michael