[asterisk-users] Subscribing to events on AMI login

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Aug 8 10:56:49 CDT 2023

On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 12:44 PM TTT <lists at telium.io> wrote:

> I'm looking at an old app I wrote that upon AMI login would subscribe to
> events as follows:
>

> Action: Login
>
> ActionID: myid
>
> Username: myun
>
> Secret: mypw
>
> Events: call, system, security
>

> I noticed this old code isn't working, and I *think* that the events
> parameter of login has been deprecated; I don't see it referenced in:
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+20+ManagerAction_Login
>

> I’m using Asterisk 20, so Is the events parameter still valid?  I don't
> seem to receive any events other than the "FullyBooted" event after login.
> If not valid, how should I subscribe to events programmatically?

The parameter appears to be valid, just implemented in such a way that it
likely got missed when writing the documentation. As for not working, you'd
need to provide the manager.conf configuration as well. There is also the
Events AMI action[1] for changing it after login.

[1]
https://docs.asterisk.org/Asterisk_20_Documentation/API_Documentation/AMI_Actions/Events/

--
Joshua C. Colp