[asterisk-users] Geolocation/E911

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon May 23 15:21:35 CDT 2022

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 4:59 PM Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, is there any documentation on what is planned for the
> Geolocation/E911?

There is a review up on Gerrit[1] with the documentation in markdown.
There's also a branch in Gerrit with the work. We are planning to do
interop testing, so it hasn't been merged into main and may change.

> Is the plan for Asterisk to expose the SIP body and leave it to dial plan,
> ARI, AMI to process the data?
>
> For example, mime pidf+xml section?

No. It will be modules for Geolocation/E911 that understand the XML, with
configuration as well as by reference. The PIDF+XML won't be exposed, the
code handles it. You create profiles and tell the PJSIP endpoint to use it,
and that's that. Can also be dynamically done in the dialplan.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead