[asterisk-users] Geolocation/E911

Sebastian Nielsen sebastian at sebbe.eu
Mon May 23 15:18:36 CDT 2022

What are you talking about exactly?

What I have understand, E911 geo information is sent “out of band” when 911 is called.

So the question is, is you operating a 911 call centre – then you should have this information at hand already how to access this information.

Or are it the opposite, you want to send geocoded information about SIP handset location to a E911 service when 911 is called? (that you want to embed in the outgoing body when 911 is called)?

I think gaining access to these types of E911 API’s requires you being a SIP operator – and if you are a SIP operator with a number plan already, you should already have access to these types of API from the beginning and how to use them.