[asterisk-users] a couple of problems with confbridge

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Jun 28 18:54:11 CDT 2022

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 8:28 PM John Covici <covici at ccs.covici.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I have been using meetme for years, but I wanted to try
> confbridge as meetme is going away soon.    I am having a few
> problems/questions doing this.
>
> 1.  When I list the confbridge users in a bridge, I only get the
> caller id number -- I have a number of contacts in contact manager and
> I am using superfecta, but the name does not appear.  I do need the
> name to see who is on there.

You'll need to be specific on how you are listing. The AMI action provides
all of the information.

> 2.  I will be using a conference with a marked user -- and I would
> like to record the conference -- when does the recording start -- when
> the first user comes on or when the marked user joins?

I don't know the answer to this, but you should be able to easily test this.

> 3.  In the sample file it says you cannot have more than one user
> profile on a bridge, but I need two, one for the marked user and
> another one for regular users -- how do I work around this?

You can only have a single bridge profile for a bridge. Each participant
can have their own user profile with different settings.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead