[asterisk-users] [External] Question about the Geo Location support being added

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Thu Jul 28 09:19:04 CDT 2022

Thank you George.

Also, thank you and everyone else involved for the work adding Geo Location in Asterisk.
Looking forward to the update.

In our case, all the agent messaging and several other features are handled by a separate server.
This external server would be responsible for deciding which GEO Location Info to use for the Originate.

  *   Agent has their own emergency, so use Agent’s GEO Location (require Agent to verify every time they login since many work remotely and will work from home or relatives homes).
  *   Agent monitoring video from several facilities around the country notices a fire in California facility so the GEO Location would be the California facility.
  *   Hospital Agent talking with patient in hospital room 1234 and patient has heart attack.  Agent has to be able to call 911 (GEO Location of hospital and room 1234), but they also have to be able to toggle between 911 call and the patients call.

It sounds like the inherited channel variables is exactly what I was looking for.  External application just passes the replacement values for these variables (_HNO in the example you used, along with many others).

Have an awesome day!

Dan