[asterisk-users] Queue Timeout

Nick Olsen nick at 141networks.com
Mon Feb 7 15:23:07 CST 2022

Hello, We're running asterisk 16 with Realtime.

We have queues configured in realtime.

The "Timeout" setting appears to have an upper 2 minute limit. Even when
setting the timeout in the queue to 600 seconds, the agent is no longer
rung after exactly 120 seconds. The asterisk CLI claims "Exiting due to
time-out cycle".

We are calling the queue with options "tin". Removing "n" does keep the
entire queue from exiting. But the agent is still stopped from ringing and
then rung again after the announcements fire.

I have also tried dynamically passing a timeout (and not) when calling the
queue from the dial plan.

IE. Queue(queuename,tin,,,600).

This does make the queue completely exit after 600 seconds. But does not
cause the agent to just ring for 600 seconds straight.

We are answering the call in the dial plan first before entering the queue.
So this is not an instance of the incoming call being canceled by some
underlying carrier for being in the ring state > 60 seconds.

Any thoughts?