[asterisk-users] Originate with label?

Mark Murawski markm-lists at intellasoft.net
Mon Aug 29 07:48:18 CDT 2022

On 8/29/22 08:31, Antony Stone wrote:
> Hi.
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Originate
>
> I need to use Originate() in a dialplan, pointing to another location in the
> same extension of the same context, so for example:
>
> Originate(Local/${Dest}@Dialout,exten,${CONTEXT},${EXTEN},158);
>
> I don't seem to be able to substitute the priority 158 with a label - is this
> deliberate or is this a bug?
>
> If it is deliberate, is there any workaround which would enable me to use
> Originate when the dialplan is written in AEL, which makes it not possible for
> me to define priority numbers?
>
> (Alternatively, is there a way to define priority numbers in AEL?)
>
> I'd prefer the first solution - being able to use Originate with a label as the
> target - as it's neater and more generic.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Antony.

Hi Anthony,

I love to hear about AEL use-cases.  I'm happy that AEL is working out
for you.

Without modifying the code for Originate(), you can do this while
staying purely in AEL
Here's your workaround:

context something {
   s => {
     Originate(Local/${Dest}@Dialout,exten,${CONTEXT},GotoLabel,1,,v(GotoExten=${EXTEN}^GotoLabel=LabelName));
   }

   GotoLabel => {
     goto ${CONTEXT}, ${GotoExten}, ${GotoLabel};
   }
}