[asterisk-users] Originate with label?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Aug 29 07:31:18 CDT 2022

Hi.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Originate

I need to use Originate() in a dialplan, pointing to another location in the
same extension of the same context, so for example:

Originate(Local/${Dest}@Dialout,exten,${CONTEXT},${EXTEN},158);

I don't seem to be able to substitute the priority 158 with a label - is this
deliberate or is this a bug?

If it is deliberate, is there any workaround which would enable me to use
Originate when the dialplan is written in AEL, which makes it not possible for
me to define priority numbers?

(Alternatively, is there a way to define priority numbers in AEL?)

I'd prefer the first solution - being able to use Originate with a label as the
target - as it's neater and more generic.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by
the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a

 - https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/ paragraph 42.10

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.