[asterisk-users] SIPml5

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:28:04 CDT 2021

Hi All - I am playing with SIPML5.

I was getting an error about wss.... I fixed that by doing :
cat privkey.pem > asterisk.pem
cat fullchain.pem >> asterisk.pem
with my letsencrypt certificate. and setting
tlscertfile=/etc/letsencrypt/live/mypath/asterisk.pem

But now when I use the https://www.doubango.org/sipml5/call.htm
and I click Login...

I get this error on asterisk /var/log/asterisk/messages
[Sep 27 14:58:08] NOTICE[46486] chan_sip.c: Registration from '"SIPMl5"<
sip:jerry.geis at somewhere.com>' failed for 'IP:37994' - Wrong password

my sip.conf entry is this:
[jerry.geis at somewhere.com]
type=friend
defaultname=jerry.geis at somewhere.com
defaultuser=jerry.geis at somewhere.com
secret=(matches that on the website page)
encryption=yes
avpf=yes
force_avpf=yes
dtlsenable=yes
dtlsverify=fingerprint
dtlscertfile=/etc/letsencrypt/live/mypath/asterisk.pem
dtmfmode=RFC2833
host=dynamic
description=Test
context=sipml5
qualify=yes
rtptimeout=60
rtpholdtimeout=60
rtpkeepalive=60
callerid="Jerry.Geis"
qualify=no
canreinvite=yes
timezone=1
nat=force_rport,comedia
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm

Not sure what  I dont have that is not accespting the PW.  I am using
18.6.0 and still on the OLD chan_sip.c (which is working fine for
everything else).

Thanks

Jerry