[asterisk-users] automating "make menuselect" options when building

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon Nov 8 11:58:34 CST 2021

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Kingsley Tart <kingsley at dns99.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I realise that this is not really specific to Asterisk, but this seems
> as sensible a place to ask as any.
>
> If I want to create a script to automate the build of my chosen
> Asterisk setup, what's the best way to automate my selections that I
> did interactively when I ran "make menuselect" ?
>
> I think doing that created a makeopts file somewhere. If I were to just
> copy in the makeopts file I created from a build on another machine, is
> there a process that can check that to ensure that everything selected
> in that can be built, or is doing "make" and seeing whether that worked
> the only way?

There is a programmatic way of controlling menuselect for this
usage[1][2][3] without sharing makeopts file.

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Using+Menuselect+to+Select+Asterisk+Options#UsingMenuselecttoSelectAsteriskOptions-ControllingMenuselect
[2]
https://www.asterisk.org/configuring-an-asterisk-build-from-the-command-line/