[asterisk-users] AGI: Why is stream file and wait for digit result ASCII, but get data is "normal"?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon May 24 12:40:12 CDT 2021

On Mon, 24 May 2021, Jonathan H wrote:

> any idea why it was done like this, and why someone would ever need the
> ascii result

Maybe because ABCD are valid DTMF events? Maybe because 0 means playback
completed, not a 0 was pressed?

IIRC there are some inconsistencies in the AGI API that I stumbled across
when I wrote my library back in '04. If you're not using a library, you
may want to consider it.

> AGI Rx << STREAM FILE "hello-world" "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,*,0,#"

'Comma' is not a valid 'digit' so this the same as '#*0123456789'

--
Thanks in advance,