[asterisk-users] STIR/SHAKEN

Sebastian Nielsen sebastian at sebbe.eu
Thu Mar 11 18:34:13 CST 2021

I reallt don’t understand why people simply use the same operator to terminate your calls, which also provide DIDs for you.

Then you don’t need to touch this at all, your carrier will do all the STIR/SHAKEN handling for you, you are just a PBX customer.

And then the operator then simply limits your account to only present your DID as outgoing number.

Seems to be a unneccesary complicated solution just to have your numbers at company 1 and have your call termination at company 2.

So fricking unneccessary.

What I know there is requirements of number portability, so as long as company 2 can handle DIDs (ergo ”own” DIDs) you should be able to move your DIDs from company 1 to company 2 – then company 2 owns your DIDs.

Best regards, Sebastian Nielsen