[asterisk-users] channel creation issue in ARI

Tejveer Sharma sharmatejveer85 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 02:59:52 CDT 2021

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your response.

I am actually trying to do performance testing of Asterisk and trying to
identify where the bottleneck is. And that is how we reached this
simplistic scenario where the “issue” is reproduced. Here, the total
channels never go beyond 200 but we are simulating a dialer application
where 50% calls are not answered (routing failures, invalid number, network
failure etc.) and hence the channel creation/destruction rate is high.

As per your comment, it seems that high rate of channel
creation/destruction might be the culprit. Our observation is that at this
high rate (~30 channel create/delete per second), a few CreateChannel
requests take more than 5 seconds while the others are served with a decent
response time of ~15ms.

Is there a known limit for how much channel creation rate Asterisk can
support? It will help me in debugging my configuration. Do you think the
queue might be building up in Asterisk as the Stassis application tries to
send responses/events to the ARI application?

I couldn’t find much material on pointers to debug this kind of
configuration and any pointers to literature of any kind is much
appreciated.

Thanks

Tejveer Sharma