[asterisk-users] channel creation issue in ARI

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Fri Jun 25 06:54:36 CDT 2021

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 8:52 AM Tejveer Sharma <sharmatejveer85 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Joshua C. Colp,
>
> We try to run load through our java application , In which we create a
> channel and make an outbound call (using SIPPI client for testing), after
> the call answer a prompt is played and then execute the disconnect channel
> . This all takes almost 10-15 seconds. Application makes sure not more than
> 200 outbound calls will be in the system at any given time. In the starting
> channel creation is quite fast but over some period of time it got stable.
> Even in stable scenario channel creation rest api calls using ARI take
> almost 5 to 6 seconds to create a channel and return back channel id.

That's not really sufficient, still. What does "try to run load" mean? How
many simultaneous calls are you trying to create? How many are hanging up
at the same time? Are these all in the same application? Is the application
reusing the same HTTP connection so requests have to wait as well?

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead