[asterisk-users] Asterisk 16.23.0 doesn't respond anymore

Mark Murawski markm-lists at intellasoft.net
Wed Dec 15 14:43:34 CST 2021

Hi Daniel,

> This is a production server which is running well over years (asterisk
> 11-13-16) and this happend with the latest version. Only valid option
> you gave is the core show locks. I ask the list before opening a bug
> report, as usually.

Please don't let the fact that the system has been running just fine
with no issue affect anything in your process related to this problem.
Sure... Asterisk 11 was okay for you.   Sure: Asterisk 13 was okay with
you... and so on.  But obviously something is new and different with the
new Asterisk you've set up with has nothing to do with what your
Asterisk did a year ago.  None of that helps with debugging the current
problem you're facing.

In order to get this fixed you'll 100% need to be able to submit a bug
report with enough information in order for someone to investigate this
and get a resolution.  The information required is generally laid out in
the guidelines linked to earlier.   It will also help to upload your log
file from several minutes prior and up until the lockup.  Please feel
free to mask out any confidential information from the logs that you
don't want shared publicly.

> And for the name, emails are always signed with first name ;)

The email is signed with the first name of the account information that
your email system is set up with... not your actual name.  You
definitely should change your name away from Administrator

>> On 12/13/21 12:24, Administrator wrote:
>>> Complement: restarting asterisk does the job and everything come
>>> back to normal.

That's typical of most software... this in itself is not a fix. Needing
to restart Asterisk because it stops responding is a really bad problem
and definitely needs to be fixed.  And with your help the developers can
find this issue and make sure this doesn't happen to other people as well.

Thanks!