[asterisk-users] call an IP camera?

hw hw at gc-24.de
Thu Sep 24 09:31:33 CDT 2020

Hi,

is it possible to "call" an IP camera?  I'm thinking about something like
bridging with a music stream, but instead of streaming audio, bridge with
the video stream from the camera.

It would be very cool if I could just call the camera and see what's going
on.  Ffmpeg shows the following streams available from the camera:

    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080, 12
fps, 12 tbr, 90k tbn, 24 tbc

    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p(progressive), 640x352, 12 fps,
12 tbr, 90k tbn, 24 tbc

Perhaps it's not even necessary to recode the stream?