[asterisk-users] AMI vs. Dialplan Originate

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:49:01 CDT 2020

You could do the old school method and create and move a .call file from
your dialplan.

exten => writefile,1,NoOP()
 same => n,Set(CALLFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/${FileName}-${ARG1}.call)
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=Channel: SIP/bob)
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=WaitTime: 20)
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=Context: alice)
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=Extension: s)
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=Priority: 1)
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=SetVar: John=AWESOME
 same => n,Set(FILE(${CALLFILE},,,al,u)=Archive: Yes); we want to keep the
call file for debugging
 same => n,system(mv ${CALLFILE} /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/); Move the
file into the spool

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:47 AM Antony Stone <
Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 13:27:27, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:37 AM Antony Stone wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > (Asterisk 16.2.1)
> > >
> > > I'm using AMI Originate to initiate calls, and I'm passing some
> > > additional data in to the dialplan context using the Variable:
> > > parameter.  Works fine.
> > >

> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+ManagerAction_Orig
> > > inate
> > >
> > > Now I need to do the same thing but from another context in my
> dialplan,
> > > so I was expecting to use the Originate() dialplan command, but how do
> > > pass the additional data?  I don't see any Variable: equivalent
> parameter.
> > >

> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Origin
> > > ate
> >
> > The Originate dialplan application itself has no inherent built in
> ability
> > to set variables.
>
> Oh :(  Not as direct an equivalent as I'd expected, then.
>
> Any suggestions for how to get round this - my first idea is to get
> something
> into the Asterisk internal DB in the context which does the Originate(),
> and
> then read the data out in the called context.
>
> Maybe I need to set some inherited variables and then use Dial() instead
> of
> Originate...
>
> Ideas welcome :)
>

> Antony.
>
> --
> It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
> inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.
>
>  - Daniel C Dennett
>
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.
>
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at:
> https://community.asterisk.org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein