[asterisk-users] AMI vs. Dialplan Originate

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Sep 22 06:45:23 CDT 2020

On Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 13:27:27, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:37 AM Antony Stone wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > (Asterisk 16.2.1)
> >
> > I'm using AMI Originate to initiate calls, and I'm passing some
> > additional data in to the dialplan context using the Variable:
> > parameter.  Works fine.
> >
> > https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+ManagerAction_Orig
> > inate
> >
> > Now I need to do the same thing but from another context in my dialplan,
> > so I was expecting to use the Originate() dialplan command, but how do I
> > pass the additional data?  I don't see any Variable: equivalent parameter.
> >

> > https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Origin
> > ate
>
> The Originate dialplan application itself has no inherent built in ability
> to set variables.

Oh :(  Not as direct an equivalent as I'd expected, then.

Any suggestions for how to get round this - my first idea is to get something
into the Asterisk internal DB in the context which does the Originate(), and
then read the data out in the called context.

Maybe I need to set some inherited variables and then use Dial() instead of
Originate...

Ideas welcome :)

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.