[asterisk-users] PJSIP tight loop on auth failure

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Oct 28 13:13:30 CDT 2020

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 3:11 PM Kingsley Tart - Barritel Ltd <
kingsley.tart at barritel.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-10-28 at 14:40 -0300, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> > This is not yet fixed, but is being worked on. I have it as a
> > security issue currently out of caution (although I don't think we'll
> > treat it as one after further investigation).
>
> Right OK, thanks.
>
> Do you have any idea of the sort of timescale, and whether it'll be
> available as a patch that we can apply to our existing installation?
>
> We have a very complicated setup and many months of dev time invested
> in stuff working with the current version, so an entire version update
> would require us to do lots of extensive testing before rolling it out.

I don't have a time frame, and we don't distribute patches themselves
except for security issues. A patch can always be downloaded from Gerrit
though for reviews[1] or a patch can be retrieved using Git.

[1] https://gerrit.asterisk.org/

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead